Thursday 10 July 2014

Chapter 37 | Dear God | All's forgiven

18/06/2004

Dear God

Happy birthday to me!

I’m exhausted as can be but I just wanted to fill you in. Our exam for today went well. I think I scored around 80 something (if not please do something about that).

Almost everyone remembered it was my birthday!! The house phone rang at 6:30 this morning and obviously it was Nani calling to wish me, no one else is consciously awake at that time of the morning.

(Be tea dubs, Appa Laila has taken to calling me her QT pie, oddly enough I’m totally OK with that :D )

Overall, it was a rather splendid birthday.

Over and Out.
Love: Me

21/06/2004

Dear God

What’s up you ask?

Well for starters, exams is over in three days time!! Then it’s holidays!! Whoop Whoop!! I was knocked out with the flu since Friday and that means I spent the entire weekend in bed. Not that that’s generally problematic but when you’re writing Usool the Monday it should suffice to say that the mere thought of it alone was enough to induce a virus into my being (yes, I probably caught a bug, but allow me this moment of dramatics won’t you?)

I confronted Appa Sumayya with regards to what she had said to Za and she claims to have not said it out of spite. More so, because there is a noticeable change in my personality when I’m around Za as opposed to when I’m on my own. I didn’t beg to differ, mainly because I didn’t have a standpoint that would give me a solid argument.

In honesty, I knew exactly what she was talking about. I’m just not sure I’m willing to acknowledge any such transition.

Even though I had forgiven Za, I still wasn’t able to look at her in the same light. After all the things she had said to me, I don’t think anybody else would have forgotten it that easily.

Mama just came into my room to ask if I’d like hot chocolate and popcorn (as if I’d say no). How sweet. And yes, she’s wearing her pink tracksuit, again. 

Appa Sumayya’s in-laws are arriving from Australia this week. She’s excited and naturally, nervous. It’s the first time she’s meeting them since she met their son, I don’t blame her for being somewhat anxious. His parents are pretty chilled with her and the wedding date has already been set.

Quote of the day: ‘It doesn’t take any more time to look at the good in life than (it does) to look at the bad.’

Gotta go (I’m choking on my popcorn here. YOU won’t be having a hand in that by any chance, would YOU?)

Love: Me


No comments:

Post a Comment